Android users will need to set Reconnect Community as an allowed calling account. The app will prompt users to accept this permission. Users will also need to set their carrier as the default. If they don't, it will ask them what carrier they want to make regular calls with.
Allow Video Chat Permissions
To allow access for video chat enabled messaging, set Reconnect Community as an allowed calling account.
Set Default Calling App
You can set default apps for a range of things like what internet browser to use and what app to use for phone calls. If the Reconnect Community app is the default phone app, then normal phones calls can all be routed through the app. To check the default apps:
- Go to Settings > Apps
- When on the Apps page, there should be three dots in the top right. Click the dots to get the drop-down menu.
- Select Default Apps from the list
- Click Calling App, and make sure the Phone app the default
In some cases, participants may need to allow additional settings.
- Open the Phone App and select More (three vertical dots) > Settings > Call settings > Calling Account
- Select Reconnect Community to ensure the app can make video calls
- Open the Phone App and select More (three vertical dots) > Settings > Additional Settings > Calling Account
- Toggle Reconnect Community to the On/green position to ensure that the app can make video calls
- Still within the Calling Accounts page, select Make calls with
- Set Make calls with to the cell provider (Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.) so that outgoing phone calls do not use the Reconnect Community app.
Setting the Calling Account in Android 10:
Updating the Make calls with setting in Android 10: