Call your participants through the Messages interface. Shortly afterward, a recording of the call will become available.
Initiating a Video Chat
From a Smartphone
- Open the Reconnect Manager app
- Go to Messages and select the message thread of the participant you wish to chat with.
- Select the green Camera icon in the top right corner to initiate the video chat.
- You can turn off your video by tapping the Camera icon during a call. The camera icon will have a diagonal line through it while your video is off. Note that participants can not disable their video.
From a Computer or Tablet
- Go to the Communications tab.
- Select an existing conversation, or select New Conversation at the top right and search for the client with whom you'd like to chat.
- Click on the green Camera icon at the bottom right to initiate a video call.
Note: If the video icon is grayed out or not selectable, it means the participant is not using a device that is compatible with our video chat services.
Troubleshooting Video Chat
- Confirm the participant is using a compatible device. Video chat requires Android 8 or higher and is compatible with most versions of iOS.
- Make sure any physical camera blockers are open and volume is not muted.
- Access to microphone and camera must not be blocked in browser settings.
- If the call is made but does not ring on the participant's end, make sure they have downloaded the most recent version of the app.
- There are known issues with Motorola devices. If using one, reach out to Support for more information.